Hatchling blends the raw emotion of folk, the cathartic energy of blues rock and the distinct lyrical flair of western Americana. The music is emotionally charged, often stemming from a confessional yet confrontational alter ego. While Hatchling forms deeply personal narratives in her song writing, the concepts become relatable through clever lyricism, juxtaposing strength and vulnerability to capture what it truly means to be a woman.Taking great influence from artists such as Laura Marling, Jade Bird, Jake Bugg, Wolf Alice and Fleetwood Mac, Hatchling’s sound ranges from a delicacy in melodic tones to an often gritty drive in instrumentation. Having just recently finished recording her first single at renowned A-sharp studios in Sydney, Hatchling is eager to bring her vibrant and heavily nuanced sound to life.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- All audience members will be required to sanitise & check-in upon entry to Waywards.
- Show will be limited to 110 to allow for social distancing.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and throughout venue
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean after each day.