Tasmania is recognised for two unique entities; the Tasmanian Devil and having generated one of the innovative leaders of the modern death metal scene, Psycroptic. Since their formation in 1999, the band have constantly evolved and broken through the boundaries that the genre can sometimes impose upon itself. Never fearful to change musical direction or challenge themselves - the only goal Psycroptic has, and always will be, is to write intense sonic creations that are heavy, catchy and worship the riff!
Not even a global pandemic could slow their mission to create, evolve and further hone their craft. The release of the new EP ‘The Watcher Of All’ is a first for the band - 2 tracks alone that bridge the musical gap from 2018’s ‘As The Kingdom Drowns’, and the upcoming full length scheduled for early 2022. The 2 tracks released digitally and on limited edition vinyl pass the musical torch from ‘Keepers…’ and carry it forward; lighting the path for the next full length album of distinctive musical vehemence…
Vocalist Jason Peppiatt states ‘With ‘The Watcher Of All’, we wanted to continue exploring the ideas from ‘As The Kingdom Drowns’ both lyrically and musically, yet still push forward into new and uncharted territory for us. I feel we really achieved our goals with this release and it’s something we are immensely proud of. These tracks are the perfect complement to the material we are currently recording for our full length due in early 2022.’
Drummer Dave Haley continues ‘I feel very privileged to be able to continue working with Psycroptic; never feeling like we have to do something musically that we don’t want to. We like heavy, aggressive music that is all about the guitar riff. Fast, slow, tech, simple - doesnt matter. A sick riff is a sick riff. Thats one thing I feel will never change with the band; riff driven, and focusing on the song. Joe is one of the best riff writers around; and pushes us all to bring our A game to the final song development.’
Seven albums deep and with absolutely nought chance of slowing down, Psycroptic continue to reinvent themselves and the genre they are well entrenched in. All the band’s previous work has got them to where they are at today. Completely comfortable in their own shoes, nothing to prove and being able to look back at their earlier years with pride, they are more than well poised to tackle with whatever lays ahead.
This is a Covid Safe event and there are a few things we need you to know before you arrive:
- PLEASE DON’T COME if you feel sick, if you’ve been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with coronavirus (Covid-19) or if you have travelled overseas or to a coronavirus hotspot in the last 14 days. Contact Oztix - we will refund your ticket.
- BRING A MASK — if you are unable to socially distance, it will offer you protection.
- A strict NO QR CODE, NO ENTRY policy applies at our venue. We use the Service Vic App QR code and you will have to show a Security Guard YOUR GREEN TICK at the door to enter the venue.
- Your TICKET WILL BE SCANNED at the Box Office and matched to the detail input at the time of purchasing your ticket. This data will be kept for 28 days to facilitate Track & Trace.
5. NO MOSHING and NO CROWD SURFING. Patrons who kick off will be removed from the venue. We’re really sorry about that, but we’re in a pandemic and we want to STAY OPEN.
Do your best to remain socially distanced and practice good hand hygiene. If you feel sick at the event, please report immediately to the Box Office so we can do a first aid assessment and get you home safely.