Wheaty Whisk(e)y Fleurieu Distillery Tasting with Gareth Andrews
Join Fleurieu Distillery Owner, Founder and Chief Whisky Maker Gareth Andrews for a special tasting of five of his whiskies – of which two are currently available, two have yet to be released and one (ADSA Gold medal winner 2018) set free from the vault. So, an equal blend of 2 port, 2 sherry, 2 peated, 2 unpeated, 2 new, 2 old and one from left field…
And if, like us, you’re finding this ‘Whisky Maths’ confounding, best rock up to the tasting and have it all made perfectly clear!
We’ll be tasting:
- Whisky #1 Hot off the press and yet to be named - to be released late
November 2018. Port barrel unpeated 54%.
- Whisky #2 Currently available. "Atlantic Crossing". Port
barrel medium-peated 52% Medal Best of Category ADI 2018.
- Whisky #3 Also Hot off the press and yet to be named - to be released
February 2019. Australian (Apera) sherry barrel unpeated 54%.
- Whisky #4 From the vaults. "Bogart & Bacall". Australian (Apera) sherry
barrel heavily-peated, cask strength 61.2% Gold medal ADSA 2018.
- Whisky #5 Ginger, Coriander, and Cumin. Bizarre Whisky with an odd
story. Cask strength. Only five bottles ever existed, now three left.